1. Go to the Stata download site.
2. Input your username and password in the prompt. You received these in your email.
3. On the next screen, choose your operating system on which you are installing Stata.
- 64-bit Windows
- 64-bit Linux
When you choose Mac installation you will download file Stata16.dmg
Please check this file for Unix/Linux installation
Installation for Windows
Installation for Mac
1. Run file Stata16.dmg
2. Click on Continue to begin the setup, Read the Software License Agreement to proceed with the installation. You will have the option to save or print the instructions if you wish to do so.
3. Click on Agree to accept the agreement and continue with the installation.
4. Follow the instructions on screen.
5. Please make sure you select the same flavor of Stata that you have been purchase!
6. When Stata has finished installing, you need to Setting up your license.
7. The first time you run Stata, it will ask for your serial number, code and authorization. Enter them as shown on your Stata licence (in your email). Do not lose your License and Activation Key. You may need it again in the future.
NOTE: If you get the message “The serial number, code, and authorization are inconsistent”, try the initialization again. Copy and paste your code and authorization. Anything that looks like “o” (oh) is the letter “o”, anything like “0” is a zero, anything like “1” is the number one, and anything like “L” (el) is the letter “L”.